Saturday, December 10, 2016

~Christmas Wreath~

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
Can you believe that it is only 2 weeks until Christmas? Even as I sit and type this it seems unreal. And, I am certainly not ready for Christmas. I still have a few cards to mail out and with this one I am showing today I am officially finished.
 
Once I get on a roll with my Christmas cards, I don't want to stop. I told my husband yesterday that I needed an intervention. He just laughed at me. I need to remember this for next year so I can start in September or October. Although I think I say this every year.
After I type this post I will spend all of today and tomorrow decorating. I can't put up the tree in my dining room because the contractor will be working in our kitchen this coming week.
 
So let's move on with some details on how I made this CAS wreath card.
Kraft Card Base: 4" x 5"
Kraft Pierced Wide Rectangle: 3 3/4" x 4 3/4"
Vanilla Sentiment Layer: 3 7/8" x 4 7/8"

I wanted to make a card with a wreath and the Holiday Wreath was just perfect for what I had in mind for my card. I cut it out 2x in a ivy green textured cardstock. This cardstock is a lighter weight and I thought it needed a little more dimension. I layered the 2 wreaths together with Ranger multi-matte medium.
 
Next I cut my frame from Kraft cardstock with the pierced wide rectangle set.  I decided not to use the smaller cardinals on the above picture but I did use the bow from the Holiday Mason Jar die set for my wreath. I went for the bigger cardinal from the Cardinals & Birdhouse die set. I stamped a seasons greetings sentiment in red ink and that took care of all the pieces I needed for my card.
 
 
Now that everything is cut I started the assembly of my card. I was going for the tone-on-tone look so I used dimensional foam tape on my frame to lift it off the card base. It gives it a little more depth since the card base is also Kraft. I attached the vanilla layer to the back of the frame with double sided tape.
 
On my wreath I used some red half pearls for berries. I used foam tape just at the top of the wreath to attach it. I didn't want it to be flush against the vanilla layer. The cardinal was placed in the center to complete this card. This close up shows the detail on the wreath as well as the cardinal. If you click any of the photos it will give a bigger image.
 
Well that's it for me for today. Time to get busy with my decorating. I love Christmas and seeing my house all festive. So until next time.........God bless.
 
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcardinalsandbirdhouse.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzholidaymasonjar.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpiercedwiderectangleframesetbasics.aspx

 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzholidaywreathelites.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  A Gem of a Challenge has anything goes- Christmas.
2.  Crafty Calendar Challenge has a Christmas Time challenge.
3.  Crafty Friends has a Merry Christmas challenge.
4.  Alphabet Challenge has a "U" for use something red
5.  Jingle Belles has a Merry Christmas challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Hi this is a stunning card. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge U for Use some Red. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love the combination of the dies and the framing. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - that wreath is amazing.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails